Monday, September 15, 2008

Create, Desire, Believe

Create, Desire, Believe, Art Journal
Fannie Narte

The green ceramic button, which is the focal point, is a gift from Michele from EYEmbellishments. I love its message: "Create, Desire, Believe." It was sitting on a counter top in my studio providing daily inspiration and reminding me of all my generous friends, and now it has found its home on this altered art journal. This art journal is inspired by an altered book project found in Kelly Rae's book, "Taking Flight.

One of my new projects is creating art journals and filling those pages using techniques I've learned over the past year.

KINDRED SPIRITS

I frequently refer to "kindred spirits" in my writings. I may have adopted that phrase from repeated viewings of one of my favorite videos, "Anne of Green Gables."

"Kindred Spirits" would make a great subject for an art journal. I could write about all the friends I've made over the past year. It could be an ongoing project to fit in between my other postings. That sounds like a great idea.

WHERE DO YOU FIND KINDRED SPIRITS?

Kindred spirits are everywhere! They're in your neighborhood, at work, at school, or at the post office. Now that the world is flat due to technology and the Internet, kindred spirits are found through computers connecting friends on a global basis.

I found Michele by visiting her wonderful shop. Kindred spirits sometimes hang out in online groups. You may need to find them there. Some of the friends I've made have introduced me to their family members or friends. The circle grows naturally. I've found friends through art classes and workshops. Readers to my blog leave comments, and we learn about each other and each other's art. Without realizing it, over a period of time, a genuine friendship develops.

I keep in touch with girlfriends from my school days, and when I go back home, it's a class reunion. What would we do without friends? Friends are a part of my family.

Thanks, Michele, for your friendship and for my inspiring ceramic button!

Thank you for being a friend and for being a part of my virtual family.
Fannie

6 comments:

Diana Evans said...

very beautiful Fannie!!! and that button is just perfect for this piece...

laughingwolf said...

excellent as always, fannie :)

Sherry said...

Love this Art Journal. I'm honored to have you as one of my Kindred Spirits.

Jacq said...

Very nice. I love the button it was made for you.

NANCY LEFKO said...

beautiful art, my kindred spirit !!!

freebird said...

I loved that little ceramic piece I had to go to your link. I'm really thinking I need to get some of her faces. Thanks for sharing her site.

We need more than 24 hours in a day so we can visit AND create. I have a bit of trouble trying to do both.