Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gifts from Sherry

Purse
© 2008 Sherry Carrigan



Fabric from Sherry

A year ago, I began interpreting my ideas and thoughts through this online art journal for the benefit of my family, and a year later, I find myself with an extended family of faceless kindred spirits who entered my life through an interactive art community. Who would have known?

Sherry is a talented seamstress, an embroidery artist who also digitizes personalized designs, and a fiber artist. She's one of the most hardworking people I know. I think she has two jobs, not including her work as an artist. You can find her work in her Etsy Shop, Sophie Babies.

Sherry designed this zippered purse, including the digitized design, and her workmanship is excellent! She also sent me a yard of the fabric she used in the purse for me to . . . sew . . . a . . . ? I'll have to think about that. It's beautiful fabric. Maybe I'll cut a piece, frame and hang it.

It feels like Christmas, or my birthday . . . .

Thank you, Sherry!

Feeling gratitude for the many kindred spirits I've found. You know who you are. Thanks for being a part of my journey. You are special!
Fannie

6 comments:

laughingwolf said...

wonderfulness! :)

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
oh your purse from sherry is beautiful. i just went and said hello on her blog. she also has a great etsy shop!
:) melissa

Diana Evans said...

what a wonderful surprise! the purse is fantastic!!!

Jacq said...

The purse is wonderful.

Scrappy Cat said...

What a nice gift - the little purse is lovely and the fabric is gorgeous!

Fannie said...

Thanks for stopping by--"kindred spirits." Love to all!