Monday, October 27, 2008

Designing for Life



CATHERINE HOLMAN

Catherine Holman, a folk artist, who blogs at "Pigment of Your Imagination," presented me with this award. Catherine's paintings are beautifully rendered. Her images are diverse, but her cottage paintings are my favorites. These paintings are set in welcoming and romantic settings, and her attention to detail is excellent. Her paintings are appropriately titled with messages of community, hope, and old-fashioned goodness, such as "Summer in Walnut Shade," "I am the good shepherd" and "Faith." These images represent the kind of cottages or Bed and Breakfasts in towns I would like to visit over the weekend.

Catherine's artwork can be found at The Art Shop or her Etsy Shop.

DONNA DOWNEY

I often wonder about sharing these kinds of awards and contemplate if recipients will accept them with the intent it was given, or if they would feel it is a bother or burden. Hopefully recipients will understand that I choose to offer these kinds of awards to people who truly represent the spirit of the award, regardless of whether or not they know me or whether they would accept it or play along.

Having said that, I would like to share this award with Donna Downey, who I recently found and whose work has inspired me. I joined her "Campaign for Creativity," and placed a badge in my sidebar.

Donna states:

"believing in the power of your passion to create is the gift we all have to share.

"'believe in your creative potential, enjoy the creative process, try something new, explore new possibilities, but most of all believe.'"


"'live a life inspired. dream with possibility.' everyday!" ~Donna Downey


Donna's influence went beyond her blog, her website, her art and her Campaign for Creativity. I signed up for "Inspired 2009," which will take place in Concord, NC during May of next year! Included in the line-up of teachers are Paulette Insall, whose "All About Faces" class influenced my new paintings, and Kelly Rae Roberts, whose book "Taking Flight," conveys the ideas I honor and portray in my artworks.

Thanks, Donna, for the inspiration. I look forward to meeting you next year. Thanks, Catherine, for thinking of me.

Imagine, Create, Inspire!
Fannie

3 comments:

Fantastic Figments said...

Congrats on the award! I love love Cathies paintings. HAHA actually your print is hung next to hear print in my apartment :) Oh us blog buggies....

Smooches

Jacq said...

Congratulations on this award. It is well deserved.

Fannie said...

Hi, Steph and Jacq--either of you heard of "Inspired 2009"?