Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Magical--WIP

Magical, Art Quilt, Fiber, 8" x 10"
© 2008 Fannie Narte


Painting onto fabric with Neocolor II Watersoluble Wax Pastels was an exciting discovery I made over a year ago. Recently I've discovered a new technique that allows me to combine fabric with acrylics, Neocolors and other media--the results are magical!

This is a work in progress. I'll probably add a secondary image to her left . . . maybe a magical bird or some other magical image. Any ideas?

Every day is magical because I have a fresh start.
Fannie


4 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, this turned out GREAT Fannie! I saw the sketch on your other blog. You really made this illustration come to life.

Regina said...

You probably already have it worked out, but all the scrolls made me think of peacocks. This is really lovely.

zquilts said...

Magical is - exactly that! ...and wonderful too !

TracyB said...

Fannie, your ladies are just SO wonderful :)