Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thanks, Kathryn and Melissa

Landscape, by Kathryn Watson, 4" x 6"
© 2008 Kathryn Watson

Kathryn applied color and texture to create this postcard through the use of needle felting and hand embroidery. Her clever use of dyed cheesecloth adds color, texture and interest to the piece.

Kathryn lives in Maryland, and she and I have been email buddies for some time. She creates art in different media, and enjoys weekends with her daughter, Leslie. Kathryn freely shares her wisdom, asks me questions that makes me ponder my decisions, and reminds me to enjoy life to its fullest.

Thanks for remembering my birthday, Kathryn! You are loved!

~BIRTHDAY WISHES FROM MELISSA~


Melissa created this pretty quiltie and included her birthday wishes on a card, which includes stamped images of her pugs. She probably carved her own stamps from her paintings. She is constantly adding new pug products to her website and has a large fan base. Melissa and her twin sister, Melinda, spend time together sharing their love of creating by taking classes and workshops. They're energetic! Their relationship is extra special.

I hope you don't mind that I turned your pretty postcard into a thank you card, Melissa. Thanks for remembering my birthday. You are loved!


Feeling grateful and happy to celebrate wrinkles with friends. ;-D
Fannie

6 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy birthday fannie!
i am so glad you like your surprise.
have a wonderful weekend!
xo
melissa

Diana Evans said...

Happy Birthday Fannie....so nice to get a few surprises in the mail.!!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and eat plenty of cupcakes and cake!!!

Hugs
Diana

Genie said...

Happy Birthday Fannie
have a great weekend

Fannie said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Happy Belated Birthday Fannie! Sounds like you had a wonderful day surrounded by love, fun and surprises!

Fannie said...

Hi, Lisa. Yes, indeed, I was surrounded by love, fun, surprises and hugs.