Sunday, October 26, 2008

Welcome Home

Welcome Home, Mixed Media Painting, 8" x 10"
© 2008 Fannie Narte
Not For Sale


Home
is a safe place

~where minds
are free to explore,

~where kindred spirits
meet to develop their wings,

~where hearts ascend
to new horizons.

WELCOME HOME

"Welcome Home" is the new image for my website's Home Page. I made another one with darker colors in the same hues, but it didn't "feel" right. After agonizing over spending so much time on that painting and not happy with the results, I started over and painted this version. This one "feels" right. I hope you feel welcome when you enter my website--"Welcome Home."


Welcome to my home on the web, Friends.
Fannie

5 comments:

Fantastic Figments said...

Love the colors in this one Fannie! I have many-a-time not been happy with some I have done and scrapped it. We are our biggest critics but most important buyers! Glad you like this one. I love it.

Smooches

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
oh i just love it and it looks perfect on your website! it is so welcoming and inviting!
xo
melissa

Diana Evans said...

wonderful work Fannie...Home is so cozy and warm!!

Hugs
Diana

Kate said...

It's beautiful Fannie!! Really, it was worth perfecting the colors! It looks wonderful on your website..

Fannie said...

Hi, Steph! I like what you said: "We are our biggest critics but most important buyers!" So true. I'll remember this wise thought from a wise friend. Thanks for visiting.

Melissa, you're always welcome to "my home." Pop in anytime.

Diana, glad you feel comfortable here, and thanks for leaving your goodness here each time you visit. I appreciate it.

Hi, Kate. Glad you like it. You've been sketching wonderful images on your new blog. I enjoying following it. Good for you!