Friday, November 7, 2008

AAQI at the Houston International Quilt Festival

Photograph by Katy Kapasi © 2008

Ami Simms sitting in front of two of my AAQI art quilts: "Where I Live, There Are Rainbows," dedicated to Gayle and her friend, Lois, who passed from Alzheimer's, and "A Rose Each Day," dedicated to Regina Rooks and her grandmother, Geneva, who passed from Alzheimer's.

Photograph by Katy Kapasi © 2008

Two more of my art quilts: "Spread Your Wings and Fly," dedicated to Sherry Carrigan and her grandmother, Ruby, who passed from Alzheimer's, and "Imagine," dedicated to Jacq Christensen.

THANK YOU, KATY-K!

Katy Kapasi, sent me these jpegs of four of my art quilts and Ami Simms at the International Quilt Festival held in Houston last week. It is nice to see my quilts hanging at the AAQI booth and surrounding Ami--sort of like hugging her. ;-D

PHONE CALL FROM AMI SIMMS

Last month I hurriedly registered and shipped a box of art quilts for Ami to take to Festival. She normally emails "worried" donors to let them know that their quilts are safely in her possession. Instead of the customary e-mail, Ami called me by phone, and left me a nice message. I was so sorry to have missed her call, but happy to know she received my quilts, and that they would make it to Houston this year.

E-MAILS FROM SUPPORTERS

It's fun to receive e-mails from the purchasers of my art quilts and to hear their stories. I've received communication from two ladies, and I hope to hear from the others.

DID I REACH MY GOAL?

Ami and her dedicated volunteer staff are busy updating the AAQI website, and soon I'll learn if I reached this year's goal of raising $1,000 from the sale of my art quilts.

Thanks for your thoughtfulness, Katy-K!

Friends Help You Fly!
Fannie

6 comments:

Regina said...

Hi Fannie,
Was I ever surprised to see the art quilt you dedicated to Grandma. I don't know how I missed it when you originally posted it. It is beautiful & she would have loved it.
How precious is Ami to do all this work & then to send you pics, too.
Blessings to you.

Fannie said...

Hi, Regina~
I'm honored to have been able to submit this art quilt in your behalf and your Grandma's. Thanks for helping me. I appreciate your support.
~Fannie

Sherry said...

OH, this is awesome Fannie. Thank you for your kindness and willingness to support this organization. Grandma and Dad would give you a great big hug. Their angels will be with you always.

Fannie said...

You're welcome, Sherry. Thank "you" for supporting me in this project and everything I do. You are loved.

quiltcrazygal said...

Fannie you are a wonderful person! God bless you! Jenna Louise

Fantastic Figments said...

I will be crossing my finger. You are soo giving! I think you are just so amazing and this wonderful cause! And I can see that we all agree that you do what you do the best and you do it for ALL the right reasons. Thank You!

I will be waiting on pins to see how it goes, but even the smallest amount is a win!