Friday, November 28, 2008

Ball of Confusion

Ball of Confusion, Fiber Art, ATC, 2.5" x 3.5"
© 2008 Fannie Narte

I enjoy working with all kinds of fiber, but I especially like yarns because of its colors and textures. This piece could be a self-portrait. It portrays one's path which leads to one's destiny.

There are times when I become confused because of the noise around me and the information overload. When this happens, I cannot see my path clearly. The noise could be distractions, priorities, or responsibilities, and the information overload could be the paths I'm contemplating. I've had to learn to turn down the volume and see my way through the confusion. It's a skill that I'm still working on and haven't quite gotten yet, but I'm better at it than I was a year ago.

As I progress further up my path, the way becomes clearer. I can walk over obstacles and walk around distractions. However, sometimes even though I can see ahead clearly, I think about the gems that I may be missing which can be found on the path leading in the opposite direction.

Sometimes there are two good paths from which to choose. When that happens, toss a coin, and place one foot in front of the other and walk forward. Then smell your way to your studio and transform those fibers and paints into a one-of-a-kind treasure, a unique piece of art representing the feelings of your heart.

If that doesn't work, buy more fabric or paints for your stash--using a 40 percent off coupon--of course. Just kidding. I would never support addictive behaviors. Just trying to celebrate "Black Friday." Hah! ;-D

If that doesn't work, eat chocolate and try again tomorrow. What did I just say about addictive behaviors? Okay, I'm not a comedian, but I can dream my dreams. You can too. Make room for a bit of playfulness, too.

Oh, I need to give some credit to The Temptations for my ATC's title. I was listening to their CD. ;-D Hmmm, inspiration comes from everywhere--beware.

I'm practicing to See with the heart and attempting to find laughter along the way.
Fannie

6 comments:

Sherry said...

This is such a pretty piece Fannie. I feel like a ball of confusion right now with this old nasty cold. Don't want to think, creat, or even move right now. Have no clue from whence it came or how long it will linger. Just miserable. Sorry to whine.

DeBee said...

Love the piece... and how can you be spying on me clear out here in Oregon? I did save 40% today on some treats for me! I had a bit of chocolate, but didn't get to my favorite espresso stand as planned. Maybe tomorrow. (After I play with my new "toys!")

Genie said...

Lovely piece Fannie
have a lovely weekend

Jacq said...

This looks like a very interesting piece. I love fibers.

Diana Evans said...

this is very different Fannie...I love it....you always try new things and they always come out just perfect....

Dawn said...

You are so talented my friend and yup I agree with all of that - mind you I kinda get to the chocolate part a bit quicker!!! He He!!