Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Double Reverse Applique

Double Reverse Applique, Art Quilt, 9" x 12"
© 2008 Pattern and Design by Ellen Lindner

Wow! Look what I made! ;-D

Thanks to Ellen Lindner's e-book, "Double Reverse Applique', An Apple a Day," you, too, can make your own apple quilt. Her website is easy to navigate, and purchasing her e-book was quick and easy.

The photos that accompany her easy-to-follow instructions are great, and her extra comments help the student better understand her technique. She even tells you how to save your printer's ink by recommending the pages that should be printed in color, and the pages that can be printed in black and white. It's almost as good as having Ellen beside you.

The actual quilt's finished size is 12" x 12." However, I scanned my quilt for my blog, which is the reason for a smaller size image. I need to determine what border, if any, I'll add to finish this quilt, and the quilting should be fun to do. I'll post my completed quilt--full size--when it's done.

Thanks, Ellen! I look forward to more e-books.

Enjoy,
Fannie

5 comments:

zquilts said...

Great. Well done !

Sherry said...

Wow. This is great and love the fabric choices.

Scrappy Cat said...

Beautiful quilt Fannie - you did a great job on it!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...love the apple quilt!

Jacq said...

Very, very nice. I'll have to check out Ellen's site.