Monday, November 24, 2008

Fearless Journaling


Journaling Tasks, Booklet, 3.5" x 5"
© 2008 Fannie Narte

I've been working on journals for my Etsy shop and created this laminated booklet of eight of my favorite journaling tasks, which are:

* Carbon
* Image or Photos
* Ink
* Paint
* Paper
* Stamp
* Stencil
* 3-D

WHAT IS A JOURNALING TASK?

I don't know if anyone else uses this phrase, but it's a phrase I coined. My definition of a journaling task is a technique or process I use on my journal pages. Some of these techniques are also used in my mixed media paintings. Although I use more than eight different techniques in creating my journal pages, these are my favorites and are usually included in all of my artwork.

E-MAILS INSPIRE

The creation of this booklet was inspired by e-mails I've received asking about my art techniques and processes.

JOURNAL PROMPTS

These journal prompts help me out of paralysis. I created eight tags of some of my favorite journal prompts. When I feel like I'm stuck and can't think of anything to journal or write, these prompts have rescued me. My original prompts are scribbles on index cards, and these are more user friendly because they're laminated.

JOURNAL BONUSES: Tasks and Prompts

I often use these tasks and prompts as a springboard to help create all of my artwork, including my mixed media paintings and fiber art.

I've added these two items to each of my journals currently in my Etsy shop as a bonus: Don't Look Down, Just Fly and Anything is Possible. The original prices remain.

My future Etsy journal offerings will include journal prompts and tasks.

Enjoy,
Fannie

7 comments:

Sherry said...

What great ideas you have Miss Fannie. Had thought about purchasing a journal, but now that you are offering extras, it would make me feel cheesy. Do you plan to offer your additions separate?

Fannie said...

Thanks, Sherry! I haven't thought about offering these separately. If I do, I would like it to be more substantial than they are right now. Thanks for the inspiration.

I had to look up "cheesy." :-D I didn't understand your statement. I've heard that statement used before, but never thought to look up its definition until now. Thanks for teaching me again.

quiltcrazygal said...

Very fun. Your ideas amaze me. Blessings to you. Jenna Louise

Diana Evans said...

oh how cool Fannie...You always teach me something new!!! thanks

Hugs
Diana

morningDove said...

what a great idea. you are so creative.

Catherine Holman said...

What a great idea!
Cathie

Jacq said...

What a good idea. It is always nice to have some ideas to get the creative juices flowing.