Thursday, November 20, 2008

Friends Help You Fly

Friends Help You Fly, Notecard, 4" x 5.5"
© 2008 Fannie Narte
FOR SALE

Diana is a talented artist, blogger, writer, and illustrator who started a new blog, "Daily Art Stop," which includes a challenge on Wednesdays. Yesterday was her first challenge on that blog. The theme for her challenge is "Friendship." Most of my work centers around the theme of friendship and participating was an easy decision. However, I wanted to think outside of the box and create something different. The idea to use one of my images and create a set of notecards was inspired by Diana's challenge. The Friends Series is in the works for my Etsy shop.

Isn't that what challenges were meant to do? To inspire us to think outside of the box? In doing so, I realized that possibilities were standing before me all along, but I didn't see them.

Ideas are spilling all over my studio floor. I can make my art and my words available as notecards, and in time for Christmas Etsy shoppers and gift giving.

Thanks for helping me fly, Diana!

Help Diana fly. Join Diana in her first challenge. Pop on over to her blog and find out how easy it is to participate.

Friends Help You Fly! That phrase defines friendship in all its forms, doesn't it?
A view of the notecard with the envelope.

Another view of the set of three notecards available in my Etsy shop.

Friends really do help you fly!
Fannie

9 comments:

vintage wil said...

Beautiful artwork Fannie!!!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie....I was inspired this week to create a challenge around friends because I have been so blessed to meet so many wonderful friends...you being one of them!!! and the theme is perfect for your work...what can I say...you are always an inspiration ...

Hugs
Diana

Lisa M Griffin said...

I think this is a wonderful addition to add to your Etsy shop. They are beautiful, thoughtful and would make a lovely gift. Thanks for sharing and for helping us all FLY! =)

Femmy said...

beautiful work Fannie!!

Sherry said...

You are always thinking ahead. Thanks for sharing Diana's new blog. I'll pop over and visit.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Vintage Wil. Nice to meet you.

Love your challenge, Diana. Hope you get a nice showing for your first challenge. Continued success to you in all you do.

Lisa, we help each other fly. Thank you for your ongoing support and kindness.

Hi, Femmy! So good to see you around the blogosphere. I see we're in several challenge groups together. Like-minded friends--nice!

Hi, Sherry--you are one of my inspirations! Thank you!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Thanks so much Fannie, I really needed that.
Love ya.

quiltcrazygal said...

Fannie I love the note cards and the wonderful message of friendship. Blessings, Jenna Louise

Jacq said...

You note cards are beautiful, with a wonderful message.