Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Heart's Journey--Exploring Art Journals

The Heart's Journey, Fiber Art, 8" x 8"
© 2008 Fannie Narte

Today is my birthday, and I'm commemorating my "new year" with a new goal. "The Heart's Journey" is the cover of my art journal and the first piece in my new adventure--a weekly art journaling blog: The Heart's Journey. Follow the link to see my first post.

CREATING "THE HEART'S JOURNEY"

After preparing the fabric with gesso, I used acrylics and Neocolors to paint this quilt. When it was dry, I scanned it into Photoshop and added the text using different fonts.


We don't need to wait for January 1st to start a new goal. Every day is an opportunity for a new beginning, a new challenge, a new goal, a new "Heart's Journey."
Fannie

10 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow this is amazing idea Fannie
and Happy Birthday to You - Have a fantastic day!

Dawn

NANCY LEFKO said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my dear Fannie !!! Your new blog is going to be such a joy. My very, very best to you, today and always :)

Jacq said...

Happy Birthday to you. Have a great day.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

happy birthday fannie!
i am excited to follow both of your blogs now!
congratulations!
xo
melissa

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Happy Birthday Dear Fanny!!! I hope that it is a very special one for you. Not that all the others haven't been! You are such an amazing and talented artist. My birthday wish for you that you will be blessed with more creative projects and that you will enjoy the fruit of your labor with lots of people purchasing your wonderful treats and things. You are such a light in the world and I wish you much health, happiness, joy and peace. You totally deserve it!!!! Have a wonderful year Fanny! Good things are headed your way.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...Happy Birthday !!!!

I wish you all the best today and always...may you always keep your art close to your heart...you are truly blessed and so are we for knowing you....

Hugs
Diana

TracyB said...

Happy Birthday F~, to a VERY wonderful lady!!
~T

Scrappy Cat said...

Happy birthday Fannie! I've added your new journey to my google reader - looking forward to following along with you.

Genie said...

Happy Birthday wishes
Luv Jean

Fannie said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Friends. I appreciate your stopping by.

You are loved!