Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lovely Gifts from Jacq

Hand-dyed fabrics by Jacq Christensen

Jacq and I share the same birthdate, which makes our friendship extra special. She's a talented artist. Look at all these handmade lovelies.

Pine Needle Pin Cushion
Copyright 2008 Jacq Christensen

Jacq explains her process of making this pin cushion on her blog.

Padfolio, by Jacq

Inside view.

Jacq introduced me to Sue Bleiweiss and her journal making classes. Since then, I've made several journals as gifts and will probably create more for Christmas. Sue's classes are great and she is a wonderful teacher.

This padfolio was made by Jacq following Sue B's free padfolio tutorial.

Thanks for my birthday surprises, Jacq!

Celebrating wrinkles with friends. Wrinkles can be camouflaged with smiles. ;-D
Fannie

6 comments:

Sherry said...

These are awesome! You are so lucky to receive her beautiful hand dyed material.

Diana Evans said...

wow Fannie...these are wonderful!!! you're so lucky...

Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs
Diana

Scrappy Cat said...

Hope your birthday was awesome Fannie - and I've given you an award. You can see it on my blog.

Ku'ulei said...

So sweet! Nice material and I love the color and print of the padfolio. So very thoughtful!

Fantastic Figments said...

I have to say I wish I share the same birthday as you guys!!!!!!! HAHA Those are some great gifts.. HAHA!

I hope all is going well. Sorry I have been scarce lately I have been SuPER busy ! Tis the season.

I will be around soon.

I hope you are doing well, as I am sure you are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smooches
Steph

Jacq said...

My dear Fannie, You are so very welcome. You are a special friend and I love that we share the same birthday. Thank you again for all the beautiful things that you sent me.