Friday, December 19, 2008

Artists See . . .

If you visited my home today, you would see lighted Christmas trees in almost every room, and you would smell freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies and taste my Hawaiian pretzels dipped in white and dark chocolates. These are some of my family's favorite holiday treats.

WHAT DO YOU SEE?

A box of chocolates, right?

Right.

But what else do you see?

Take a good look.


I see embellishments--dessert embellishments.

Do you see it?


Bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies using your favorite recipe, and instead of adding chocolate morsels, add chopped macadamia nut candies. Reserve some to embellish the surface of each cookie before baking.

Chocolate dipped pretzels: After dipping pretzels in white or dark chocolate, sprinkle chopped macadamia nut candies over the chocolate and let dry.

HOLIDAY CHEER

Artists see beyond the obvious. Artists see possibilities.

I see gifts made from a box of chocolates.


I made about six dozens of chocolate dipped pretzels and about five dozens of chocolate chip cookies embellished with chopped macadamia nut candies from one of these box of chocolates.

What would you do with a box of macadamia nut candies? What do you see?
Fannie

9 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
you are even creative with your candies!
you are the best!
xo
melissa

morningDove said...

I loved your Spirit of giving but could not leave a comment. I'm afraid I have failed on the spirit of giving on the cruise. My pet peeve - insulting/cuttin-in-line people. What should I care as long as I get to my destination?!
I see a gift in my life - you.

Diana Evans said...

wonderful post Fannie!!! I just spent 8 hours in the kitchen baking some yummy Christmas treats....

and sampling them too...lol

We got snowed in today so it was a family bake off in the kitchen....we played music...laughed and ate...

Hugs and have a great weekend!!!
DIana

Jacq said...

Fannie, your home is beautiful and you have been busy baking. I like the idea of having cookies embellished.

Genie said...

Happy Christmas Fannie
youve made my mouth water

Sherry said...

Very creative as always. Thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

Embellished cookies and pretzels! You truly are an artist! Happy holidays!!

Melinda Cornish said...

these sound so yummy! We are going to bake next wednesday...I might have to get some macadamias....My favorite way to eat them is right off the tree though that isnt happening here! Merry Christmas! Melinda

Dawn said...

Wow Fannie what a great festive post - and boy! a tree in every room - how wonderful and the baking - I can smell it from here!!
I have something for you on my blog!

Have a fantastic Xmas and hope 2009 brings all that you wish for...

Dawn
x