Monday, December 29, 2008

Blog Awards

From Nancy Lefko


From Dawn Simpson


LIFE'S HABITS--Two Hugs

Sometimes there are habits that just show up as life happens. Hugging is one of those habits. As long as I can remember, two hugs accompanied each gift--the first hug was given when I received the gift, and the second hug was given after I opened the gift.

LIFE'S HABITS--Tradition

I don't recall who taught me the two-hug habit. I imagine it was my mom--expression of gratitude was important to her. Or maybe it was what I saw from my cousins at their birthday parties and at Christmastime. Wherever and however I learned the two-hug response, it became a habit, and now it's a tradition, as I've seemed to have passed that same habit to my daughters and now my grandchildren.

TRADITION--Good or Bad?

Do you overthink things at times? Guilty--I do.

I drive myself crazy at times. Should I or Shouldn't I? What if I do this, then that will happen, and this will result, and . . . and . . . and . . . .

I guess if one is a truth seeker, deep thinking, asking questions, and curiosity is a part of the package. Or is it? ;-D

I'm wondering if this is a tradition that should continue or be banned? Let's see--what is the good about this habit; what is the bad about this habit? Will this tradition make bad adults? Is it taking away from one's independent thinking, behavior and freedoms? Is it hurting anyone? Here I go again! Should I, shouldn't I?

GRATITUDE, GRACIOUSNESS

Whatever one may feel about traditions and hugs, acknowledgement of gifts is a nice gesture.

BLOG AWARDS ARE GIFTS

Blog awards are gifts from friends.

Although I strive to be nice and gracious, I know I can use some improvement in that area. Looks like I wrote myself into adding another resolution to my list for the new year. ;-D

PRESENTING BOTH OF THESE AWARDS TO:


THERE'S MORE

Attached to the "Your Blog is Fabulous" award from Dawn is a request to write down five things you are addicted to.

I am addicted to:

Reading
Music
Chocolates
Creating
Sharing

Two hugs each to Nancy and Dawn!

Surprise and Hugs to Sherry, Brenda, Diana, Marianne and Jacq! Feel free to share, if you like.

DOUBT?

Or should I give two hugs each? Is this a two-hug-ger or a one-hug-ger? Should I or shouldn't I? Questions . . . noises in my head . . . loud . . . silence . . . peace . . .

FROM THE HEART

Sharing from the heart is easy--just give from the heart; no questions, no expectations.


You are loved!
Fannie

8 comments:

Jacq said...

Thank you for the awards, you are so kind. I laughing at the over thinking things, that is something I do very well. Sometimes I am a two hugger and sometimes a very long one hugger.

Janet said...

That's a wonderful habit of giving two hugs. Consider yourself hugged two times for my recent giveaway gift! And congratulations on your blog awards.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...

I hope you had an amazing Christmas with family and friends...thanks for always being so sweet...you are truly one of a kind...and I feel very blessed to have met you....

I also feel like I have known you for ages now...amazing how technology can do that...since we haven't met yet...

Have a wonderful day and I look forward to all the magic you will create in 2009!!!!

Hugs
Diana

Brenda said...

Hug
Thank you for the most beautiful gift of friendship. I treasure it. Thank you for being the warm, loving, giving person you are. I look forward to our future friendship in 2009 and beyond.

Hugs
Brenda

Sherry said...

Oh, thank you Fannie. This is a two hugger. My family is also full of hugs though I didn't really take notice until reading your post. I guess it just comes so naturally, that there is no thought process around it.

Fannie said...

You're welcome, Jacq.

Hugs back at you, Janet. I look forward to getting to know you better in 2009.

Hi, Diana. It does seem like we've known each other forever, doesn't it? It's a good thing. Good wishes to you in 2009, too. I, too, look forward to see the magic you create and the people you inspire through your sharing and art.

You're welcome, Brenda. Thanks to Sherry, I found you. Here's to a long friendship across the seas. ;-D

You're welcome, Sherry. Hugs are good. For a time, hugs were "unpopular" . . . I understand the hesitation and fears, but . . . What kind of world would this be if fears ruled and courage was silent? ??? I think everything has its place in the proper context. hmmmmm . . . Thanks for your friendship.

morningDove said...

I agree blog awards are gifts, but for me they are so overwhelming when given that it appears I ignore them. Actually I freeze and shudder to do anything - paralysis. Hugs are hard for me to receive bc of childhood circumstances. It involves touching. Oh boy two weakness I'm afraid I need to work on.

Fannie said...

Hi, Dove. Thanks for sharing your heart. You are safe with me. Different challenges for different people. No one needs to hear your story to understand why you have certain challenges--they're just there. I'm sorry for your childhood circumstances. I don't know if the proper term is "weakness" in your situation, but it definitely feels like challenges.

Certain challenges are difficult to overcome. Traumatic events need gentle, tender-loving care. I am at a loss for words of comfort. Just know that you are loved, and you're always safe with me.