Thursday, December 11, 2008

Friends Help You Fly

Friends Help You Fly, Original Mixed Media Painting, 5 x 5
© 2008 Fannie Narte

This is a unique mixed media painting with glass embellishments over the letters F-L-Y. The wings are made from my original music collage sheet. This painting is further embellished with gold leafing. If you look closely, you'll find my signature in one of the wings, which is a part of the collage sheet.

My studio is filled with words or phrases that constantly remind me of the world of possibilities where one is free to roam and explore and discover. "Friends Help You Fly" is one of my favorite phrases, and it finds its place in many of my pieces. Although I'm alone in my studio most of the time, I'm reminded that I am never really alone because I have friends. In my world, the words "family" and "friends" are interchangeable.

Sometimes a word or two, or a phrase is all one needs to tap into the imagination and create. Also, sometimes words without images allow one to tap into their personal world and create their own images inspired by the words of others. It gives the artist the opportunity to cover his or her canvas with meaningful colors and personal symbols and produce their own unique art.


Words inspire my art. What word, words or phrases inspire you?
Fannie

7 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

what a wonderful post fannie!

xo
melissa

Sherry said...

As I said before, this piece "ROCKS"! There are a whole host of words and phrases that inspire me. Getting those inspirations out are the hardest part.

Kate said...

Very pretty!

Words inspire me, too. Just depends on the words. My mom had a picture once and the words were "Friends are the flowers of life" and I always loved that.

Regina said...

This is a really sweet piece. I especially like that you used your own music on the wings. That's what I call flying!
I've thought about the words faith, hope & love much of this year & lately find myself focused on the word hope. I am often inspired by words from the Bible.

Jackie said...

What uplifting work - thanks for creating it!

Brenda said...

Wonderful piece of art Fannie, I really love it.

Dawn said...

Hi Fannie
This is just beautiful - inspiring...

I agree a few good friends are worth their weight in gold, acquaintances come and go but a true friend is always there for you.
My favourite phrase is:
"A true friend fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty" -

Have a great weekend

Dawn
x