Monday, December 1, 2008

The Songs of Christmas

The Songs of Christmas, Pillow Wreath, 12" in diameter
© 2008 Fannie Narte

Do you have a yard of fabric and some matching yarn, ribbon, twine or raffia in your stash?

With the purchase of a green lacquered wire raised wreath, some fabric, batting and ribbon, you can make this pillow wreath.

THE SONGS OF CHRISTMAS WREATH

This wire wreath measures 12 inches in diameter, and it can be purchased from the floral department in most craft stores. Each pillow is made from cotton fabric, which is printed with images of Christmas music, musical notes and text, which I found in my local hobby store. This wreath takes approximately 30 stuffed pillows.

TO MAKE WREATH

PREPARE PILLOWS

1. Cut 30 pairs of 3" x 5" (7.6 x 12.7 cm) rectangles of fabric.

2. With right sides together, sew around all four edges of each pillow.

3. Carefully separate and pull the center of the pillow away from each other and carefully cut an "x" in one side of the pillow.

4. Turn pillow right side out.

5. Firmly fill each pillow with polyester stuffing.

ASSEMBLE WREATH

6. Attach each pillow onto the purchased wire wreath using your favorite binding. This 12" wire wreath has two concentric rows of double wires. I randomly attached each pillow to the wreath securing each pillow around the two wires in each concentric row with black yarn.

BOW

7. Cut two 3.25" x 7" (8.3 x 17.8 cm) rectangle pieces from red fabric.

8. With right sides together, sew around all four edges of rectangle.

9. Cut an "x" in the center of one side of the bow, like you did for each pillow wreath.

10. Turn right side out.

11. Fill firmly with polyester stuffing.

12. Tie the bow onto the wreath with a length of red fabric. My tie measured approximately 3.25" x 12" (8.3 x 30.5 cm).

WREATH HANGER

14. To make a hanger for the wreath, use the remaining length of fabric used to secure the bow onto the wreath, tie another knot approximately an inch away from the first knot.

Your wreath is ready to hang. Happy Holidays!

Click HERE to see photos of last year's pillow wreath using gold lame'. It was a larger wreath, made with larger pillows and embellished with pine garland. Also included are photos of the front and back of a pillow.

LET'S HAVE FUN!!!

FIRST HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY
The Songs of Christmas Wreath

Would you like to place this wreath on your front door, or give it to your hostess at your next holiday party, or give it to a friend a your next luncheon? Let's have fun!

DO YOU KNOW ME?

Let me know you're playing by adding your name to this post saying: "I'm playing!" Then email me with your answer to this question: What is Fannie's definition of "Home?"

One winner will be randomly selected from all entries.

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Monday, December 8.

WINNER ANNOUNCED: Tuesday, December 9.

Ringing in the holiday season with music, cheer and sharing. Happy Holidays!
Fannie

9 comments:

Trying to Stay Calm! said...

I am new here! What a great blog :) ♥ Hugs!

Sherry said...

I'm playing!

morningDove said...

I'm playing.

NANCY LEFKO said...

great wreath! we sold some of these at our church holiday fair last week :)

Fannie said...

I'm sorry if you had trouble leaving a comment to this post. Please try again. I appreciate you wanting to play. Thanks!

Paula Pertile said...

I love this wreath Fannie!

Paula Pertile said...

I love this wreath Fannie!

Fantastic Figments said...

Fannie this is amazing.. I think it is sooo ingenious. I am going to play.. :) I sould say I am going to try my best...

Congrats on the award sister!

Smooches
Steph

Jacq said...

I remember the one from last year and I thought that was very also very nice.