Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blue Heart Journal

Blue Heart Journal, Altered Composition Book, 7.5" x 9.75"
© 2009 Fannie Narte
For Sale



Inside front cover, includes a pocket and
my poem "Sing Your Song"


First page of journal,
the inspiration behind my poem
"Sing Your Song"

Three additional pockets.

WHAT IS THE ROMANTICISM WITH COMPOSITION BOOKS?

I don't know the answer to that, but they have been one of my favorite journals for many years. Perhaps it reminds me of my younger days when life was carefree, or perhaps it's because these books represent learning and exploring. It might also be that its appearance is unassuming and beckons one to feel free to doodle and scribble. It's a friendly book that welcomes all kinds of marks. It's a safe space, your personal space, and it whispers that mistakes are opportunities for new discoveries.

I altered this book adding features that will hopefully inspire creativity.

FEATURES

The outside of the journal is covered with a sheet of my handpainted paper. The front is decorated with an embedded heart, a high relief.

The inside of the front cover includes a pocket for tags, bookmarks, ticket stubs, or other memorabilia, and also includes a print of one of my poems "Sing Your Song."

The inspiration for my poem "Sing Your Song" is found on the adjacent page, the first page of the journal.

The inside of the back cover includes words of inspiration and a space to write one's thoughts and dreams or anything else.

Four strands of black yarn are secured to the top, which can be used as a bookmark(s).

Also included with this journal are three pockets: Imagine, Create, Inspire. They are ready to glue to any page.

More journals to come . . .

Have a great weekend. Thanks for stopping by.
Fannie

6 comments:

kiwicarole said...

Hi Fannie! I can see 2009 is off to a good start for you, one thing is for sure, you don't need a journal to inspire creativity! You've got it babe, with or without the journals!
Hugs, Carole

Jacq said...

A beautiful journal. I love the details that you put into your work.

Scrappy Cat said...

What a lovely journal, and a special poem.

Brenda said...

Another stunning journal.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
oh it is gorgeous!
i was just about to work in the amazing journal you made me and saw your post. i am very lucky to have a friend like you!
xo
melissa

Sherry said...

these journals are great. i purchased a couple from Martha with her lovely poppies painted on the outside.