Monday, January 26, 2009

Green Swirly Journal

Green Swirly Journal, Altered Composition Book, 7.5" x 9.75"
© 2009 Fannie Narte
For Sale



The possible variations to this technique are endless! I feel like I'm in a creative altered composition book mine. More altered journals are in the works. I'm working on adding alphabets to future journal covers, and my fiber art, and . . . so much fun! Working on these journals in between my homework assignments keeps me balanced.

what is balance?

is chaos absent during times of balance? is balance achieved only during times of peace and contentment? is it possible to feel balanced during challenging times? i think it is a blessing to be able to feel balanced when challenges and peace occupy one space.

however, like the swirls on this journal, sometimes i feel like my day "swirls" out of control. that's when i go to my studio and create, attempting to put some balance back into my swirly day. ;-D


Peace,
Fannie

10 comments:

Melissa and Emmitt said...

i love it fannie!

the swirls always remind me of pug tails! how fun!

xo
melissa

laughingwolf said...

happy new year, fannie :D

Brenda said...

I love it - the swirls look fantastic, I love swirls.

TracyB said...

You KNOW I'm LOVING this!!!

Sherry said...

OH, I know someone that just might scoop up this beauty. Miss you.

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Fannie...these journals are amazing!!! I love them....

I have to get ahead of some of my Daily Art Stop posts...I have so much on my plate now...but I so love the projects I am working on....

Hugs
Diana

Jacq said...

Very nice.

Heather P said...

Fannie, I love your swirls!

Balance...I'm still trying to find it!

Heather P said...

Fannie, I love your swirls!

Balance...I'm still trying to find it!

okaat said...

nice cheerful thoughts.