Friday, January 16, 2009

Journal

The front of the journal

There are many different types of journals available today, and I especially like those that have heavy paper or watercolor paper that allows me to add layers of paint and collage ephemera. It's perfect for art journaling. However, many of my writing journals are black and white composition books.

I covered this composition book with painted white paper, which is often referred to as "butcher paper." This journal is a gift for someone special who needs a safe place to write her heart's songs.

The inside of the journal
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Brown kraft paper was glued to the inside of the front and back covers. I made a bookmark out of my business card and matching ribbon.

Enjoy,
Fannie

5 comments:

Martha Lever said...

Hi Fannie,
I, too, love those composition notebooks and I fill them up constantly with ideas, doodlings, sketches and whatever. Love this one!

Sherry said...

Very Nice Fannie! Your friend should be thrilled.

Brenda said...

It's a lovely journal - hard to believe it is covered in butcher's paper - you can make anything look great!

Jacq said...

Very, very nice.

HND said...

marvellous art and and craft ! hope I can show you something similar (but frenchie) in a very short time . unfortunately i am now quite ill and unable to create whatever i would!
kind regards
hélène
from le blog d'hnd