Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ku'uipo--journey to the self

Ku'uipo-- journey to the self, digital art, 4" x 16"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Photoshop has so many possibilities. Everyday is a new adventure in discovery while playing with this software. Playing with photographs in Photoshop will help create future fiber art quilts. Fun!!!

the inspiration
i am a woman being

it's wonderful to experience the "growth" of a child. a mother's nurturing of a child begins before birth. a mother's life's university is the foundation of a child's learning. a child is lovingly welcomed into the hearts of family, friends and teachers, who partner with parents and become a child's trusted mentors.

a child crawls . . . walks . . . runs . . . skips . . . twirls . . . dances . . . sings . . . and oftentimes falls down.

who is there to help a child stand up?

who remains after years of joy, laughter, mistakes, broken dreams, elevated ideas, forks in the road, uncovered hopes, fears, walks in the dark, searching for the self, triumphant marathons . . .

a child asks: who am i? what am i to be? where do i go? when is it my time? why can't i? how do i know?

to see a child stand up on her own each time she falls.

to see each feather added to a child's wings.

to watch a child wander, searching and finally discover herself . . . at home . . . and then fly away . . .

a child stands.

the ecstasy of a woman being . . .

i am on a journey to my "self" each day.
Fannie

8 comments:

Scrappy Cat said...

Photoshop is such a great program - it's a lot of fun, once you know enough to play with it. And it looks like you're at that point. Will you print onto fabric your results for quilts? Or use it some other way?

Fannie said...

hi, c. i will probably print some onto fabric, and also create patterns to use to create a pieced art quilt. do you use photoshop, too?

Scrappy Cat said...

I haven't used it much lately, but one of my hobbies that I haven't done in over a year is digital scrapbooking. I used it a lot - not sure why I stopped. I'm sure I'll get back to it someday, but I've been enjoying the fiber arts more lately.

quiltcrazygal said...

Hi Fannie! I also love all the possibilities the computer brings to my art. It is endless:) The Blue Cat is awesome. I love the journal. Your talents are amazing. If you get the opportunity, hop over to my blog. On December 30th I had my 4-H'ers come to the office and we made quilts for the neonatal unit at a Toledo hospital. I thought you might enjoy the posting:) Happy January! Jenna Louise

quiltcrazygal said...

Thanks for stopping in and so fast:) I'm hoping for at least 50. It's such a great project for the younger members. They can complete something and see results quickly. It is so thrilling to give to others. I enjoy your giving spirit. Thanks for supporting my blog and being a blogging friend! Jenna Louise

Lisa M Griffin said...

this is so timely Fannie. I feel like lately, your posts are really speaking to me... as if I have my own little Fannie Angel sitting on my shoulder, whispering in my ear and helping me on my way. As a parent it is hard to let go, even a bit at a time, but that is our job as a parent... to give them the strength to go out and explore on their own and become the strong/happy individuals we as parents dream them to be.
Lovely share, thank you!

Diana Evans said...

oh that is wonderful Fannie....and I can't wait to see something you print and create into magic...

Sherry said...

I so wish I could afford this software. It's looks so fun and magical. You're doing a great job with it. Can't wait to see what you create.