Monday, February 16, 2009

Hearts and/or Wings--MMM

Heart ATC . . .


. . . opens up to Angel ATC

© 2009 Fannie Narte

When Diane invited me to be a guest host at the Mixed Media Monday challenge blog, I thought of this piece from my archives.

The image of the angel, which is from Click Art software by Broderbund titled "Celebrations & Holidays," is a photo transfer onto fabric, which was then fused onto Pellon Peltex 70 (one-sided fusible). The wings are embellished with Angelina fiber and crystals, and they're attached to the ATC base using brads.

It's interesting to see how each artist interprets the week's challenge prompt. I look forward to seeing the different artworks created by the amazing artists participating in this week's challenge.

Mixed Media Monday's weekly challenges have inspired me to reach higher and think beyond my comfort zone. It's also a "safe" place with friendly and encouraging like-minded artists. Come join us.

23 comments:

bockel24 said...

This is very creative!

vintage wil said...

Very beautiful card!!!

Sherry said...

I always thought this one was really clever. I follow along every week, so I may have to join this one.

Kris Dickinson said...

SO lovely! Very creative too! - Kris

Jendy said...

Fannie,
Your card is so clever! I love the creativity. You did a great job.

Sacred Yoli said...

I loved your theme! It inspired me to participate. :D

Saludos,
Yoli

runningonink said...

So pretty and clever! Thanks for all the inspiration this week! Yours is GORGEOUS!

laughingwolf said...

wow, so neat... thx fannie :)

joanne wardle said...

such an inspirational piece

http://truutske.punt.nl said...

Beautiful card Fannie.

Silvia said...

How clever, wonderful work.

Janny said...

Really beautiful!

Sally said...

Wonderful work!

Beth said...

Fannie, your challenge and the pieces you created are both great. Thank you for such a fun challenge.

mixedmediamonday said...

Fannie, your ATC is gorgeous. Thank you so much for being guest host this week - I hope you'll do it again sometime soon! Diane

Buffy said...

So beautiful.

Melisa said...

I love the way you made the wings fold in on this!

Teri C said...

Just beauteous!!!

Angela Sturm said...

lovely art work !

Anni's Art said...

Fannie your work is wonderful I love how the image appears when the wings folded out,thanks for the challenge.

Rosie said...

I love this Fannie! It's really clever and quite beautiful... and your quilts are a-maz-ing! Love the 3 blossoms.

herminesplace said...

Fantastic!

marianne said...

wow what a creative piece this is. So much fun the wings can fold out and unfold this beauty.......