Thursday, February 12, 2009

Three Blossoms 2 and One World, One Heart Winners

Three Blossoms 2, Fiber Art Quilt, 6" x 6"
© 2009 Fannie Narte


here's another art quilt painted with neocolors and thread sketched with black embroidery thread.

i've had some emails inquiring about my process in creating neocolor painted art quilts. for those who are new to my blog and my work, here is a tutorial for creating fiber art using neocolors, and here is a link to my squidoo lens providing information about creating art using neocolor ii watersoluble wax pastels as a medium, including fiber art quilts. you can also look in "labels" found in my sidebar, scroll to the bottom of the page--select "neocolor ii." there are several pages for you to browse. if you have any questions, feel free to email me. enjoy!

here is what three blossoms 2 looked like before thread sketching:

i just love the magical process that thread sketching does to a simple painting on fabric.


One World, One Heart Winners

CONGRATULATIONS
to the following winners!
I've provided links to their blogs. Visit them and say "hi."


Winner of the Sunflower Art Quilt




Winner of the altered composition book, S Journal



Winner of the Pansy Journal



Winner of the Laurel Burch Fishes Fabric Postcard



Winner of Leaf ATC 1


Winner of Leaf ATC 2


thanks to everyone who visited my blog during the giveaway! it was nice to meet all of you.
a big thanks to lisa for hostessing this wonderful worldwide event!
i found many kindred spirits!

5 comments:

GraceBeading said...

Love it! Thanks so much, they are all so beautiful.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so honored to be a winner of one of your unbelievably lovely mixed media pieces. You do more with fabric, dyes, and thread than anyone I know. I'm truly touched to own a piece of your art, especially the lovely ATC.

Elizabeth

Hanna said...

Dear Fannie,
Your art is so special, it's amazing. Visiting your Blog ist very interesting and inspiring -
greetings from Austria
Hanna

Brenda said...

How stunning, thanks for the tutorial information, I'd love to give it a try one day, but until then, I shall just admire your divine designs.

Sherry said...

Oh Boy, there are some realy lucky winners out there.