Thursday, February 19, 2009

Three Blossoms Bag

Three Blossoms Bag
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Using the pattern from my stenciled gift bag in the current issue of Fibre & Stitch, Issue 7, published by Sue Bleiweiss, I created this "Three Blossoms" bag. The pieces were painted with Neocolors, thread sketched with black embroidery thread and quilted with white embroidery thread.


Here's the back side.

One side of the bag.

The other side of the bag.
I put a pocket on the inside large enough to hold my cell phone, keys and other small items.

Thanks for looking.


14 comments:

Janet said...

Gorgeous!!

Scrappy Cat said...

Wonderful Fannie - great idea. I love your three blossoms quilts.

Brenda said...

Oh this is so wonderful, what a great idea to use your art in everyday life. Stunning.

Kelly said...

Hi Fannie! I love to look at your blog from time to time. I hope you don't mind. I never leave a comment but I just had to today. this bag is soooo beautiful!! You are so talented!! Gorgeous!

Jacq said...

Your bag is beautiful. Your directions in Fibre and Stitch are very easy to understand.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Janet and Cheryl!

Brenda, use art in everyday life . . . nice phrase. Thanks.

Hi, Kelly. Glad you stopped by and left your thoughts. It's good to have visits from friends. Thanks.

Thank you, Jacq. I appreciate knowing your thoughts on the article.

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

TracyB said...

What a beautiful handbag!!

Regina said...

this is really sweet and you are going to have a lot of fun getting complements when you go out!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Oh my gosh, you're amazing !!!

Chriss said...

This is simply beautiful. Have a wonderful week.

Amy Wing said...

I'm a woman who hates carrying a purse... but this one would be a pleasure! So pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Heather Robinson said...

Wow oh wow! This is gorgoues! The stitching is whimsical and beautiful and the soft colours are so appealing. Whoever gets to carry this bag is lucky indeed!

Diana Evans said...

What a brilliant idea Fannie!!! lovely work....

Ozstuff said...

I love your blogs, Fannie. Your three flowers bag is scrumptious!