Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bird

Bird, Watercolors on Paper, 6" x 9"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

We're painting flowers in Michelle's class, but this magical bird kept singing to me. He wouldn't stop singing. Singing all day long . . . sing, sing, sing.

He jokingly sang about the times I played ball and jacks with my friend Julie until she was called home by her mother ringing the cow bell. Julie was so embarrassed. The entire camp knew Julie was not at home.

He sweetly sang about the time I stayed back in study hall while the rest of my classmates went on a field trip to Waipio Valley.

He empathetically sang about the time I fell off my bike and skinned my knee.

He lovingly sang about the time I met my husband.

He caringly sang about the births of my daughters.
His songs validate my life's experiences.

When I wasn't feeling well and couldn't sit to sew or paint, he watchfully sang me to sleep.

I wanted to know what my feathered friend looked like.
So I put him on paper.
Now he won't stop talking to me. Talk, talk, talk. Hah!

Maybe he'll let me borrow his wings the next time I feel broken . . .

Just playing and finding humor in life. Do you have muses? ;-D

12 comments:

Sherry said...

Great bird Fannie. And I was journaling about bird songs today. Keep going with the watercolors, you're doing great!

Brenda said...

I love your beautiful bird and the messages she sings to you!

Zhao Jinxing said...

Hello, Fannie, the recent conduct of my busy, do not have access to your blog, I enjoy your blog, I wish you a healthy and happy!

kiwicarole said...

You are one of my muses Fannie! I love your wee bird, If I listen hard enough I'm sure I will hear him too!

Fannie said...

Hi, Sherry. I think I painted the bird because of the singing birds on Michelle's videos. I'm not sure ... ;-D

Thanks, Brenda. Did you hear him sing his special song for you? He sang "You're Special."

Hello, Zhao. Good to see you. I'm sure you've been very busy with your beautiful work. Thanks for stopping by.

Yes, Carole, he's singing to you, too. He wants to be in one of your beautiful nature photographs and maybe even find himself on one of your cards. Hah! Thanks for visiting.

Carmen said...

This is so beautiful!

morningDove said...

your colors remind me of a pomegrante. lovely stories from life. hope you are healthy and feeling 100% well.

NANCY LEFKO said...

Your watercolor work is beautiful...good for you !!!

Jacq said...

Your bird is beautiful. You are a natural at watercolors.

Arlette said...

Hi Fannie,
It was nice hearing from you. Thank you for introducing me to your blog. Your work is fabulous and very inspirational. I am especially in love with your art quilts. Absolutely gorgeous!
Aloha!

Dawn said...

Well he is beautiful and your post was lovely to read...
Brightened my day!
I knew Iwould instantly feel better when I came here...

julie king said...

i think the painting of lowers in your class rubbed off on this birdie. he is just a wonderful, lush mix of pinks and greens and even looks a bit like an orchid or an iris. great work!