Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blue Tulips

Blue Tulips, Art Quilt, 6" x 6"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Experimenting with blue variegated thread instead of my usual black thread sketching. It's definitely a different look.

blue is one of my favorite colors.
i would welcome a bouquet of tulips in this shade of blue.
in the creative world of art, anything is possible.

you can create anything you can imagine!
go ahead . . . paint those pink polka dot birds and gold butterflies.
they're waiting for you . . .


9 comments:

Brenda said...

How lovely, very serene and calming.

Regina said...

I LOVE the color and the elegant simplicity of your design. xo

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!

oh i just love the blue on blue. it is perfect!

xo
melissa

morningDove said...

oh i love these and the color is springy. i agree create those out-of-the box wonderful imaginings rolling around in your head. as a matter of fact i think i will take your advice after i finish my taxes.

Jacq said...

Your blue tulips are beautiful. I love the softness of them.

Genie said...

Beautiful work fannie and a beautiful blue

TextileTraveler said...

Beautiful, Fannie. I like the black thread better--the contrast with the soft colors of the fabric--but this is another look entirely that is very calm.

Wurzerl said...

Hi Fannie!

What a surprise! In your imagine world ist spring and I see this wonderful blue tulips.
I think it would be better for me to work in your look because in Bavaria we have snow and winter!
I prefer your lovely tulips.

Have a great time
Wurzerl

marianne said...

Isn´t that magical that for an artist anything is possible!