Friday, March 27, 2009

Elm Creek Quilts--Jennifer Chiaverini


I'm a fan of Jennifer Chiaverini's Elm Creek Quilts novels. Her novels have inspired many readers to join their local quilting guilds, and some readers have found kinship with the characters in her books.


In 2006, Jennifer asked her readers to send in quilt blocks to create a quilt titled "Lucinda's Gift" from one of her novels, "The Quilter's Homecoming." My block is a part of this quilt.

I forgot that I participated in the making of this quilt and learned of this publication by googling my name. It's a good idea to see what kind of information is on the internet about you. You may find surprises by googling your name--hopefully all good surprises. Try it.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

You know, I have never really thought about doing that Fannie, but now I am curious to try. Nice to see your name in print! Have a great weekend. =)

Teri C said...

I love her books and quilts also. Wonderful job!

Regina said...

How Cool!

Sharon said...

I clicked along in cyberspace and found your blog. inspiring! I've read just about all the Elm Creek Quilt books, too.
~Sharon
http://e14studio.blogspot.com