Monday, March 23, 2009

Oriental Kindle Bag

Oriental Kindle Bag, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

This is my submission for Mixed Media Monday. This week's challenge is "Oriental."
this is a photo transfer of an image from http://www.enchantedmercantile.com/. i quilted the bag using gold and black threads.

i designed this bag to carry my new kindle! love it!
i'm reading the book by barbara sher titled "refuse to choose," and i've learned that i am a "scanner"--an artist who enjoys more than one art form and medium. it's an interesting read and another life-changer.

i added a gold magnetic closure and gold grommets for the handles.
there is a pocket on the inside, handy for my wallet, keys, journal and pen.


Update: A
kindle
is a wireless reading device sold by Amazon.com. You can receive book downloads in less than a minute, and most books cost $9.99. It also allows you to write notes, etc. Take a look. A kindle may be for you. I enjoy my kindle because it's lighter and more compact than carrying the real book. It reads like a real book, too . . . and . . . it has audio speech capabilities--you can toggle between reading the book or having the book read to you!

18 comments:

Brenda said...

I adore your bag, it is gorgeous. I have no idea what kindle is though?? Excuse my ignorance.

Scrappy Cat said...

Sounds like I would be a scanner too. Your bag is lovely - I love oriental art, and this will be a great way for you to carry your new toy.

Dawn said...

Hi Fannie

It's been too long since I stopped by - have got part time job in a shop now and my blogging has taken a back seat - Grrr!!

this bag is just amazing - looks like so much work but it's beautiful

Hugs
Dawn
x

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful. Never heard of a kindle bag before! Thank you for the book recommendation - Love the title!

mixedmediamonday said...

Oooh, Fannie! Your bag is AMAZING! Yes, I'm a scanner too - although that's not the name I've called it, LOL! The book sounds interesting. Diane

Sherry said...

This is lovely Fannie. And thanks for teaching me something else today.

Rosie said...

Beautiful quilting Fannie... I love that image too! Thanks for telling us about the 'kindle'... how interesting, and tempting too! =)

julie king said...

a kindle, huh? wow! don't you just love modern technology? the bag is breathtaking! the colors, and all those gold and black stitches. just wonderful!

hastingshall2 said...

Wow, Fannie, not only have you shared your gorgeous hand made bag of Oriental theme, but you have also enlightened me about kindles. Terrific entry..
Faye

Amy said...

This is an exciting piece! I loved looking it at and coming by your blog!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie!!! this is amazing....I love it....you really have a passion and it shows in each and every piece you create....

Hugs
Diana

Francoise said...

great creative piece !

Femmy said...

this is fabulous!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

oh my goodness fannie!
your bag is fabulous!

fred just got a kindle and he loves it too!

i love what you made!

xoxox
melissa

mich said...

Holy schmoly this bag is breathtaking. Gorgeous. michele

NANCY LEFKO said...

aren't you clever !! Soooo beautiful !!!

Jacq said...

Your bag is so beautiful! It is nice to know that there is a name for people like us, "Scanner". I have always thought it was just my OCD.

Diane said...

what a beaufitul little bag - and so clever!