Monday, April 13, 2009

Golden Memories Art Quilt

Golden Memories, Art Quilt, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

A peak into my process:

My thoughts:

Imagine, Create, Inspire ===>

Imagine . . . what would happen if I place my white doily onto my printed fabric and spray painted it with different colors?

Create . . . What can I do to create a meaningful art quilt to donate to AAQI?

Thoughts . . . I'll paint a portrait art quilt using my favorite image, Rafaela, and I'll add gold angelina fibers and thread sketching, and I'll give Rafaela a pink Swarovski crystal necklace.

I need to add some quilting to the background. What shall I do?

Stipple quilting? No.

Maybe a golden vine of leaves and flowers echoing her hair and gradually changing into stippling . . . yes!

With the gold angelina fibers in her dress and in the background quilting, "Golden Memories" sounds like an ideal name to represent the memories of an Alzheimer's patient, and the memories of family and friends and loved ones of those stricken with this disease.

Inspire
. . . then I'll share my process with my friends. Maybe someone reading this will be inspired by the colors or process in making this art quilt, or maybe my ideas about golden memories will bring comfort and hope and . . . maybe . . .

GOLDEN MEMORIES

Memories.

All memories are golden.

The happy, the not so happy. . .
all memories are good.

It reminds us of where we were.
Growth, mistakes, triumphs, challenges, rewards, beauty,
the past and its memories are to be cherished.

They are golden.
They are gifts.
They are treasures.

Some day
for some people,
these golden memories
will be all that remains . . .
but if you look closely,
look deeply,
look past the loss,
look past the pain,
look with the heart,
you'll see that those golden memories
are filled with evidence,
evidence of family,
evidence of friendship,
evidence of deep, eternal love.

Yes, golden memories.

imagine, create, inspire ===>
Fabric + Doily + Paints + Thread + Love + Share = Happiness

You are loved,

6 comments:

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie....this is wonderful...you always create magic when you come up with new pieces....

I have an award waiting for you...please pop by my blog!!!

Hugs
Diana

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This has so much healing and encouragement in it. WOW!!! is all I can say. It's so powerful. Golden memories is a wonderful poem. You've inspired me!!!! Send you love and hugs today Fannie. You're the best my friend!

Brenda said...

Wow! Fannie, you are amazing. She is incredible, the quilting divine, and I love the effect of the doily in the background, it almost gives her a halo type effect.

Regina said...

I am touched by this piece. It's special. I was home for Easter. We read through old letters that had been sent to my grandparents and returned to my parents after my grandparents had passed. Memories are very precious. They are golden.

pawan goyal said...

Golden Thoughts

Sherry said...

Thank you Fannie!