Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Purple Pansies

Purple Pansies, Fabric Collage Elements
© 2009 Fannie Narte


Inspired by a friend's e-mail, I made these fabric collage elements for an upcoming workshop where we'll create a little fabric book of our own story. I'm not sure what we'll be doing, but I thought that pansies and music needed to be a part of my story.

The pansies were made from two pieces of fabric, the above painted fabric and a piece of musical notes fabric, which was also hand painted.

I made extra pansies to share with my two special friends--we're meeting for the first time at the workshop. How exciting!

7 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

I can't wait to hear all about this workshop and how you enjoyed it with friends. Sounds wonderful. Love the pansies Fannie, and the musical note layering is a nice touch.

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Fannie...these are wonderful...you should make a special line of haute couture tops with flowers on them....

Lovely work! and I can only imagine what you will create at the workshop...

Hugs
Diana

marianne said...

How lovely!
Pansies are symbol for friendship, so how nice you are giving one to your friend!

Have a nice day!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
oh these are amazing!

i love them! you are so talented and generous!

xoxoxo
melissa

Sharon said...

Sweet pansies and I just know you will show and tell how you use them in your fabric book.

Lorraine said...

love your pansies..I like your blog as you are always up to something new

Melinda Cornish said...

I love the pansy window garden and your sewn words...the thoughts are great...Your little made' pansies are beautiful too....I love their little faces.....