Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Circle of Friends

Circle of Friends, Digital Mandala
© 2009 Fannie Narte

This mandala was inspired by the friendships I've made throughout my life, particularly the past two years of blogging. We come from different backgrounds and different cities, and we're bonded together by threads of sharing. When we share, we create a colorful friendship quilt.

This is the bag that Sherry made on the last day we spent together in NC. It's a project that was published in Issue 7 of Fibre&Stitch, an online e-zine. She used some batik fabric, and embellished it with buttons and a fabric panel, which is a stamped image and painted with Neocolors. Great job, Sherry!

While in NC, Sherry took me to a gigantic fabric store that would delight any quilter, seamstress or fiber artist. The selection of batik fabrics were amazing, and I left with a yard of several of my favorites. I would have been happy with a yard of each bolt, but that would have put me way beyond my flight baggage limits.

I'm grateful for the time I spent with Sherry shopping and creating. Wish I could spend studio time with each of my blogger friends. It's a great dream to have.

Time to watch AI. Exciting finale!

4 comments:

quiltcrazygal said...

I love your circle of friends and proud to be one of the lucky ones. The bag is darling, I really like it. You should be having a package arriving soon...I hope it makes your day. Blessings, Jenna Louise

Brenda said...

This is gorgeous. I love the bag Sherry made too. What a shame airlines don't have a heavier luggage allowance! Or not.

Lisa M Griffin said...

What fun! I am glad to hear that you had such a great trip and a creatively productive one to boot. Thanks for sharing.

jgr said...

How in the world did you do that mandala! It's fantastic. The bag is gorgeous, too. I love batik.

--Jane