Monday, May 4, 2009

Friendship--Mixed Media Original Painting

Friendship, Mixed Media Original Painting on canvas, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte
Fine Art Print for sale in my Etsy Shop

FRIENDSHIP

A friend is someone we can trust with our heart and someone who will tell us the truth.

HOW FRIENDSHIP WAS MADE

Two different printed fabrics were glued to the background to provide texture. The friends were painted with acrylics and Neocolors, and fiber elements were added to the hair and their necklines. The words were stitched onto fabric with black embroidery thread and glued to the canvas.

THE INSPIRATION

This painting is a tribute to friends and friendships. I am reminded of the richness of my life each day. Not a day goes by without a friendly visit: a phone call, a note, a package or an e-mail from a friend.

Friends make life's journey more exciting.
Friends listen without judgment.
Friends guide gently.
Friends speak the truth.
Friends hold your heart.
Friends help you fly.

I am married to my best friend, and I will see two of my friends for the first time in a few days.

This is my submission for Mixed Media Monday's challenge: Inspirational Words.

Cheers to Friends and Lasting Friendships!

22 comments:

Sandy said...

OMG what a fantastic painting. Realy gorgeous. I love it.

Willy said...

What a beauty! Wonderful painting!

Yvonne said...

Superb painting!

Ozstuff said...

Absolutely stunning - great painting. Take a huge bow for a standing ovation.

herminesplace said...

Absolutelty gorgeous!

Femmy said...

fantastic!! great painting!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your friends painting is beautiful, what lovely ladies and sentiments!

zquilts said...

As always, your painting amaze me! Beautiful!

Annette Q said...

A beautiful painting- I love the girls poses and the colours are lovely

indybev said...

This is such a lovely and meaningful piece of art. What a gift for a friend!

Diana Evans said...

oh how wonderful Fannie!!!

Lori Saul said...

Your beautiful painting and words are inspiration in themselves!

Kimmie said...

Very inspirational and meaningful! Beautiful painting! Amazing work!

Sherry said...

Another beautiful piece. And what did I tell you I wanted to learn from you this coming weekend? tee hee! Love you girlfriend and so looking forward to our time together. You are my FRIEND!!

mixedmediamonday said...

Fanni, this is amazing! Love it! Diane

REDLAN said...

Really beautiful! I can't stop looking at. I am really inspired.

Connie said...

Beautiful :-)

Brenda said...

I love this and what it means, really beautiful.

Jacq said...

Your painting is beautiful my friend. Have a wondeful time this weekend.

Kelly said...

absolutely beautiful! i love the bows at the necks. what an inspiration you are. :-)

Rachel Bland said...

Totally stunning artwork. This piece is amazing in every way, I love the image, the colours, everything!

Janny said...

What a gorgeous piece of work!