Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hope Mandala

Hope, Mandala
© 2009 Fannie Narte

This is bri-i-i-ight pink! I used my painting, Birds of Hope, to create this digital mandala. My inspiration is Nancy G. Brinker, the founder of Susan G. Komen for the cure. Her journey began in 1982, over 25 years ago when she made "a promise to her dying sister, Susan G. Komen. The organization has since evolved into the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures."

When Nancy started the organization, "the five-year survival rate was just 74 percent when breast cancer was diagnosed before it spread beyond the breast. Today, that survival rate is 98 percent. Nearly 75 percent of women over the age of 40 now receive regular mammograms compared to just 30 percent in 1982."

Friends, take preventive measures. Click HERE for information about mammograms.

To learn more about Susan G. Komen, its activities and accomplishments, read Nancy's statement.

I hope we find a cure for breast cancer, and all cancers and diseases, within my lifetime.

Birds of Hope, Mixed Media Painting.


My Dream: Help advance science to find cures for all diseases.

3 comments:

zquilts said...

It's a real beauty! Nice work (as always!)

cheryl @ mandala oasis said...

Hi Fannie,
How are YOU?! I'm so glad I have your link on my blog; it's good to be here and witness your amazing work once again. And, the Hope mandala and painting are incredible. What wonderful work you do in your studio..and in the world. Godspeed my friend..
hugs...~Cheryl

RecycleCindy said...

Frannie:
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind message. I love your Mandala! The colors and beauty are fabulous. Thank you for helping to spread the word about breast cancer.
Cindy