Thursday, May 14, 2009

Journey

Journey, Mixed Media on canvas panel, 8" x 8"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

I'm back home after a week in North Carolina and trying to get back to real life. My trip was fruitful in so many ways. I learned how to write onto metals using special tools, such as the word "Journey," which was glued onto the above canvas panel.

I met new friends. I experienced the joy of creating with abandon, and I discovered the joy of creating with a friend.

I also learned a lot about myself. Being among other artists is inspiring and "talking art" is stimulating to my soul and makes my heart happy. I look forward to attending more art retreats in the future.

Our workshops began at 8:00am and ended at 6:30pm with a lunch break and afternoon break in between three-hour block classes. Every second of our class time was used to complete our projects. We worked fast and furious in some classes just to keep up with the teacher. One regret I have is that I wish I took the time to visit more with class members and take every opportunity to get to know others.

I'm grateful I had the chance to "journey" to North Carolina.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Fannie...really like your blog and your art. I agree with time to mingle with other inspired attendees...next year I'm going to take mini-classes only on the first day so that I can use the crop room to see what everyone else did in class and to get more done on the main projects. Have a great weekend, fondly, Roberta
http://con-tain-it.typepad.com

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...what a wonderful piece...you always make me smile and make me feel better....just knowing you and sharing in your life from miles away is a gift!!! thank you!!!

Hugs
Diana

marianne said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time there! Lucky you!
This piece is certainly made with inspiration!

Have a nice day!

Brenda said...

I love your "journey" piece and hearing about Inspired. Hugs

Sherry said...

Ah! I see you've applied your new knowledge and discoveries in this piece. Excellent! Great piece Fannie!

julie king said...

beautiful piece, fannie! i'm curious how you got the white writing onto the piece!! i really love the effect.

Fannie said...

Hello, Lovely Friends. Thanks for stopping by.

Julie, I used white gel pen for the writing. Thanks for asking. I'll try to do better about explaining my posts. Thanks for visiting.

morningDove said...

Inspired was everything I know God had for me. i loved meeting you and sherry. i loved my time resting and relaxing and the intense classes we were in together. i continue to watch with amazement your wonderful work.

Fannie said...

thanks, dove. i enjoyed meeting you and sherry, too.