Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Believe

Just Believe, Mixed Media Painting on Canvas, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte
Fine Art Print For Sale

Some say I was brought up to pick coffee beans, and it's not in my genes to sing.
But no one told me that I couldn't sing, so I sang.

Some say I am pigeon-toed, bow-legged and lack a "dancer's body."
But no one told me that I couldn't dance, so I danced.

Some say I have a funny accent, I scramble my sentences, and I stutter.
But no one told me that I couldn't speak my truth, so I spoke.

Some say I color outside of the lines and my composition does not follow the design rules.
But no one told me that I couldn't imagine, so I created.

People will say whatever is on their minds. It's a part of nature to do so.

People can tell you what they think you should be, or what they think you should do.
They have the power to influence you.

But you have the power to sing your songs.
You have the power to choreograph your dances.
You have the power to speak your truth.
You have the power to create your art.

Choose wisely.
You have the power to influence.

You have the power to be and do anything you can imagine.
Just Believe.

~Fannie Narte~


With Aloha~

10 comments:

Regina said...

Beautiful, inspired...
I've been away from blog land for several days and this is a refreshing dip.
xo

Diana Evans said...

holy moly Fannie!!! you have been so busy with all these wonderful pieces...I love this new painting....wonderful work !!!!

Hugs
Diana

Fannie said...

Hi, Regina. You are always welcome to peruse. Enjoy the refreshment.

hi, diana. good to see you. hugs to handsome cole and one for his pretty mommy.

Heather P said...

Fannie, you are such an inspiration! Beautiful poem, and a wonderful art piece!

Fannie said...

heather, my blog world is nicer because of your visit. thank you.

Brenda said...

Wonderful. I really don't know how you produce so many art works - how do you find the time? I am in awe.

Jacq said...

Inspiring!! I love the painting and your thoughts, WOW

Sherry said...

Very nice Fannie. I could really feel your words.

michele said...

Fannie, the angel on earth (and the web) who generously imparts beautiful truths.

Fannie said...

thanks for visiting, brenda. a secret, shhhh, don't tell: i work on two to three paintings at a time. and . . . shhh, don't tell: i'm an empty nester with no one at home to talk to but the dust bunnies and dirty laundry. ;-D

thanks, jacq!

sherry, we must be kindred spirits.

thanks for dancing to my songs, michele!