Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mixed Media Painting Backgrounds

I'm taking Alisa Burke's Graffiti Chic online class. These are four canvases which were inspired by Alisa's Week 1 lessons. The contrast between dark and light is what makes these paintings pop. These canvases are backgrounds for my mixed media paintings.

I also took my paints to fabric and painted some of these backgrounds. I may use them for my art quilts, handbags, bears, dolls and maybe even try making some critters.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend.

12 comments:

Brenda said...

I love these - what great backgrounds.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

fannie!
these are fabulous!
what a great class!

Fannie said...

thanks, brenda and melissa. hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Beth said...

I love these too! Don't you just love the let loose and play? Especially when it turns out as pretty as these!

jgr said...

Hi Fannie,
WOW! These backgrounds are just awesome!! I love them! Thank you for sharing these. Yes, it's a great weekend, hope you are too!

-Jane

Fannie said...

beth, yes, "loose play." those words make my heart sing. thanks for stopping by.

jane, glad you're having a great weekend. nice to see you.

Teri C said...

These great backgrounds just make me feel creative! Great job.

Sherry said...

Oh My Gosh! You've stolen my heart with these. I MUST go take that class! Absolutely brilliant! Oh, and the purple one is my all time favorite. Great job Fannie. You never cease to amaze me. Hugs!!!!

Fannie said...

hi, teri! glad you found inspiration here . . . go create and have fun doing it.

hey, sherry. come join us! we're having fun.

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie...these backgrounds are amazing!!! what a wonderful way to create....and you can take some fun chances on backgrounds...and they are wonderful!!!

hugs
Diana

Fannie said...

hey, diana. yes, chances on backgrounds . . . freeing. thanks for stopping by.

Regina said...

It looks like you've made this technique "your own". Really cool!