Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Mother, My Daughter--Original Mixed Media Painting

My Mother, My Daughter, Original Mixed Media Fiber Art Painting on Canvas, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte
Canvas Cloth Print For Sale in My Etsy Shop

a
mother
nurtures
hearts
and
develops
wings

~fannie narte~

Last Sunday was mother's day, and I hope you had a wonderful day with your family, loved ones, children, spouses, friends, etc. This painting was inspired by the first mother's day I spent away from my daughters. It was also inspired by my phrase "A mother nurtures hearts and develops wings."

wow--words of wisdom
or
speaking from the heart

sometimes we take life for granted: the routine, the perceived mundane, the ordinary, the usual.

when someone comes into our lives--a child, a friend, a really good friend--the excitement is fresh, the communication is exciting, the relationship is magical.
when that someone leaves or we leave that someone--the end of a visit, the end of a relationship, the loss of a loved one--the heart aches, the heart weeps, longing . . . .

although i missed being physically present with my daughters and grandchildren this past mother's day, i felt grateful for having them in my life and for the memories and joy they brought to me and still bring to me each day.

sometimes being absent reminds us of the gifts we have: the remarkable, the unique, the extraordinary, the exceptional.

the gifts are our family and friends. we are rich.


i am grateful, indeed!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful painting. Although I look forward on one hand to my children leaving home and starting their own families, on the other I don't ever want it to happen. I just hope they don't move too far away when they do spread their wings. I moved countries from my parents though and that was probably difficult for them. It would have been hard for your children to not be with you on Mother's Day I'm sure; just as it was for you to be without them.

Sherry said...

I am a millionaire! Great post and love the painting.

julie king said...

a truly wonderful piece, fannie and the words really touch me!

Fotf said...

Lovely as always Fannie, hope you are keeping well.Pop over and check out my latest post, hope you'll join me :-)

morningDove said...

well said fannie. i enjoyed the day with my sons and dil.