Friday, May 29, 2009

Sing Your Song

Sing Your Song, Art Quilt mounted onto 8x8 canvas panel
© 2009 Fannie Narte
For Sale

"Sing your song" is a phrase I frequently use to mean "be true to yourself," or "feel free to be who you are."

No one else sounds like you.
No one else thinks like you.
No one else writes like you.
No one else dances like you.
No one else paints like you.
No one else creates like you.

There may be imitators, but no one is exactly like you.

Be you.

You choose your own lyrics.
You pick your own music.

Sing your song.
Others will dance to your music.
Just sing.
And if you can't sing . . . hum. That works, too.


Just singin' and crusin',

4 comments:

Sherry said...

WOW! That is simply awesome! You're never going to believe this. We did it again. I worked on a small canvas panel yesterday and used the same colors. So scary. Thanks for the words of advise and encouragement. HUGS!

Brenda said...

Beautiful, I love it - your art quilts are truly beautiful.

Jacq said...

Your post reminded me of a song that my girls loved when they were young, I think the title was "Sing A Song". As I recall Karen Carpenter sang the recording we listen to.

Fannie said...

Kindred spirits, Sherry.

Brenda, that means a lot coming from someone who has seen the real thing. Thanks!

Karen Carpenter is one of my fave singers. Love all her songs. It may be that she influenced my thinking and inspired my song pieces. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Jacq.