Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stencils

Rose
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Swirls
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Geometric 1
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Geometric 2
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Pansy
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Week 2 of my Graffiti Chic online class with Alisa is to design and cut out our own stencils. Here are five stencils I designed and cut out from cardstock. I uploaded these stencil images in Photoshop and placed them against digital backgrounds, which were also created in Photoshop.

I spent some time yesterday designing and cutting stencils, which didn't work out. Today I tried again, this time with different designs, and I like these better.

The results of AI are tonight. Adam or Kris??? I'll be watching . . .

9 comments:

Cori Lynn Berg said...

These are great! Designing the stencil is a lot harder than it looks!

Fannie said...

I agree with you, Cori. They are difficult to design. Yesterday's efforts were fruitless. Today is a better day. ;-D

Diana Evans said...

oh wow Fannie!!! you haver inspired me...I think I will try my hand at a stencil tomorrow!!!

Hugs
Diana

Jacq said...

These are great stencils. I agree with Diana, I think I shall have to give these a try.

TextileTraveler said...

It looks like you're having a lot of fun in this class. Thanks for your comment on my "heart" piece on my blog.

michele said...

These are really cool! I love them as a whole and the parts. Obviously a great class to prompt creativity.

Janet said...

Great stencils!! I've been carving stamps today.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Wow, really impressive Fannie. Love the Pansy stencil. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

jgr said...

Oh yes, those stencils are great! I love seeing all the goodies you create.

-Jane