Saturday, June 13, 2009

Cupcake pincushions

Cupcake Pincushions modeled by Ku'uipo
© 2009 Fannie Narte

Here are two of the pincushions I made from my painted cups. I glued a doily to the cup before adding the pincushion. The pincushions look like a blank canvas waiting to be embellished! Would they look better with the addition of ribbon roses, some beads and maybe some love birds? What do you think? They're ready to serve up some magic in my studio.

Ku'ulei and pincushions

If you were to visit my studio, I'd set you up at a work table. All of my supplies would be yours to use, including my sewing machine, and we could create and make magic. You would choose one of my handpainted aprons to wear and take home. We'd listen to inspiring music, share our dreams and ideas, splatter paint, and play with fibers and beads.

After a while, we'd take a leisurely break with a cool glass of some tropical drink, visit the butterflies and feathered friends in my back yard, and enjoy the warmth of the sun and cool breeze and pretend we're on a beach in Hawaii. When our break is over, we'd return to the studio and finish our projects.

At the end of our play time, I'd walk you to your car, give you a big sisterly hug and some thank-you-for-playing-in-my-studio gifts: a box of chocolate macadamia nuts and your very own cup--cupcake pincushion, that is--to take back to your studio to remind you of our play time and the magic we created in art and friendship. Doesn't that sound great? Imagine . . .

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Oh that sounds like a wonderful day! I want to come! ;) The pincushions are soooo cute! I love embellishments.

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Fannie,
Okay,I am so there!!! LOL. I'll bring over some Zippy's chili for lunch along with their grilled cornbbred, and some napples for dessert, along with some Kona coffee on ice of course. I'm sitting at the table with you and I choose to make the pink Cup, grab a doily and get busy as I chat with you. WE are laughing more than creating but I finally am done. You walk me out to my SUV and we hugz as sistah's do and I'm now home enjoying my pincushion cup that sits on my shelf with my teacups.

Thanks for allowing me to come over and inspiring me to imagine and create with you. Lets do this again real soon.

Hugz Lorie

Martha Lever said...

Oh yes!! When can I come over, Fannie? :)

Love the pin cushions. Precious, precious.

Scrappy Cat said...

That sounds like so much fun! I hope we can do it one day.

Your pincushions are so cute. They look wonderful just as they are, but I'm sure anything you add to them would be great too.

Jacq said...

It sounds like your home is the place to be. Hope your ready for a crowd. The tea cups are really lovely.

Melissa and Emmitt said...

hi fannie!
oh! i wish i lived closer! i would love to come!
i love your pin cushions!

NANCY LEFKO said...

Oh Fannie, it DOES sound great...what a glorious time we'd have...just thinking about it makes me smile.

The pincushions are adorable and so is your lovely daughter !!

Dawn said...

Sounds joyful - I'm booking my flight now!! Oh what I would learn - I can imagine too....