Monday, June 22, 2009

Kukui Nut Lei and Cups

After the Show 2, Colored Pencils on Pastelbord, 8x10
© 2009 Fannie Narte

In July of 2007, I traded an ATC, 2.5" x 3.5," of "After the Show." It was my first ATC. Now, two years later, I decided to reproduce this image in a larger size. Here's a work-in-progress photo.

Nicole Caulfield introduced me to pastelbord's, and I was lucky to learn from her on a workshop cruise to Alaska in May of 2007. We painted a cup with grapes.

I'm working on this colored pencil drawing in between my other projects. So it will be some time before I finish it, but I'll post my progress each time I work on it.

Click HERE to read my post about the inspiration behind this piece.

Visit Nicole's blog to see her excellent work and for inspiration. Tell her I said "Hi."


I appreciate receiving e-mails from friends who have been following my blog and choose to leave comments by e-mail instead of posting comments here. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Your words and encouragement brightens my day. It's good to know that my content is being seen and maybe even read. Thank you so much.


8 comments:

Nicole Caulfield said...

Wow it looks amazing!

I loved your story behind it!

Beth said...

Oh good! I'm glad to see you working with colored pencils! I loved this one when you did this originally as an atc.

Sherry said...

I'll show my ignorance and ask, "what is pastelbord". This is looking great already.

Fannie said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone!

Sherry, thanks for your question. Pastelbord is a museum quality panel. Its surface feels like sandpaper. It's my favorite surface for colored pencils. Thanks to Nicole Caulfield who introduced this to me.

Here's a link to Dick Blick to know more about Pastelbord: http://tinyurl.com/kshete

Diana Evans said...

oh how cool...love the coloured pencil work Fannie!!! you are always an inspiration and a wonderful friend!!!

Hugs
Diana

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Fannie..
((Hugz))) This is beauitful, I can't wait to see it when you're done. I just came home from watching the movie "My Sister's Keeper" my friend had 2 free screening tickets, it was a very touching movie.. Have a great week.

Blessings Lorie

Melissa and Emmitt said...

wow fannie!
i just love this piece. i love how you are recreating one for yourself!
xoxox
melissa

Jacq said...

I love your work, I'll be watching to see the finished picture.