Friday, July 3, 2009

Caged 2

Caged 2, Fiber Art Quilt, 8x10
© 2009 Fannie Narte


I've been working on art quilts for AAQI. This one is similar to the one I made in 2007 with a few changes to the design. I added text "love is the key to unlocking a caged heart" and beads to this version.

I imagine that Alzheimer's patients may feel helpless and "caged." This art quilt portrays my idea that those of us with special challenges, including Alzheimer's patients, sometimes feel trapped or caged. The families of Alzheimer's patients must miss the interaction they once had with their loved ones, and I imagine they, too, must feel caged.

Notice that the stem of the pear is reaching outside of the cage.

I'm grateful for my freedoms. Grateful . . . very grateful. Thanks to our men and women in all branches of service, past and present, who keep us free. Thank you!

I'm remembering my freedoms and those who struggle with health challenges and are robbed of their freedoms, and reaching out and trying to make a difference one art quilt at a time. Enjoy your Fourth of July celebrations. Be safe.

9 comments:

Jacq said...

I love your design and your fabric colors are wonderful. You have put so much thought into, but that does not suprise me you always do.

Sherry said...

Very beautiful Fannie!

morningDove said...

love the colors and how the stem is peaking out of the cage.

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
You have expressed it so well in this creation. Your heart for others going through various health issues reflects such caring and compassion. Thank you for sharing your heart wih us.

Happy Fourth of July!!!
Hugz Lorie

Fannie said...

Happy Fourth Everyone! I appreciate your comments. Thanks for stopping by.

Dotti said...

Very striking Fannie...you make it hard for our eyes to let go of it!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Fannie!!! this is lovely....Hope you had a wonderful holiday with family!!!

Aloha!!!

Melissa and Emmitt said...

i love it fannie!
the colors and textures you chose are amazing!

femminismo said...

Lovely idea! Good work on this - Jeanne