Friday, July 24, 2009

Christmas in July--WIP

ALIENS IN MY CLOSET

Do you have aliens in your closet? I do.

I have sew many UFOs waiting to be completed! Here are three out of 45 quilt blocks that will eventually make a 56" x 64" Christmas scrap quilt inspired by a quilt designed by Kaye England. I started this quilt in 1876 and hopefully will finish it before the snow falls this year.

FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS

I'm going to have to brave up and dig into my closet and look for these fabrics to finish this quilt. Oh, help me! Do you think I anticipated finishing this quilt in this decade and was so organized that I smartly placed these fabrics in "one" box so that I could easily find it for such a time as this? Hah! We'll see.

I BELIEVE IN QUILT ANGELS

Who knows? Maybe there's a quilt angel after all . . .

Enjoy your weekend! And . . . Mele Kalikimaka!

3 comments:

Scrappy Cat said...

Haha - aliens - yes, I have them too - too many to count. I think it's all a part of quilting - at least that's what I tell myself.

Jacq said...

What a great find. I have a few aliens, as I'm more of a process person and leave many things unfinished.

Brenda said...

Oh yes, we all have them. You look so young for your age - fancy having started way back in 1876!! My, what is the secret to your longevity? hehe