Thursday, August 27, 2009

Magic Happens When Friends Connect

Magic Happens When Friends Connect, Mixed Media Painting on Canvas Panel, 9" x 12"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD

Being a part of the blogging community for the past two years has opened up a treasure box of new ways of reaching across the ocean's waters, beyond my back yard, beyond my neighborhood, beyond my city, beyond my family and into the magical world of like-minded friends across the globe.

FRIENDS . . . RECONNECTING

I met some friends in person for the first time after years of connecting through blog visits. I reconnected with a cheerleader pal from high school, and it was as if we were never separated by time or space. I reconnected with cousins who dare me to practice my "local" language. I also connected with musicians I performed with . . . .

MAGICAL CONNECTIONS

The connections are magical. We laugh; we reminisce of the "good old days"; we dream of living in the same neighborhood, we dream of performing together again, and we dream of meeting each other once more.

MAGICAL FRIENDSHIPS

Friendships . . . friends . . . like family . . . fill our lives with meaningful purpose; they give wings to our hopes; they celebrate with us; they hurt with us; they urge us to dream fearlessly, to imagine, to journey towards our potential, and they journey with us.

Magic happens when friends connect. Thanks for connecting with me. Friendships are magical.

9 comments:

Brigitte (SE. Louisiana) said...

Fannie....this painting is awesome. Your art is wonderful.

Vicki W said...

Wonderful painting!

Janet said...

Beautiful painting....and I love how everyone is connecting online. I've met so many wonderful people through my blog.

Sherry said...

I'm so grateful that I share your magic.

Genie said...

Hi Fannie
Thanks for sharing your magic
Hugs Genie

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
This is beautiful and totally true.. Magic happenend and I connected with you!!! LOL sorry the poet in me just could not help myself ( smiles)

Hugz Lorie

Jacq said...

Fannie, It has been two years since we meant online and I have so enjoyed my friendship with you. Blogging has open so many wonderful doors for me.

Brenda said...

Wonderful painting, wonderful post. So glad to have met you through this wonderful blogging world.
Hugs

Fannie said...

Hi, Brigitte. What are you working on?

Thanks, Vicki. Love your color palette posts. I learned to create palettes from Jinny Beyer. I love the palettes you share on your blog.

I think we connected through another blog, didn't we, Janet? I'm so glad we connected and that we're friends.

Thanks for sharing in my magic, Sherry. Wouldn't be the same without you.

Genie, now that's a magical name! ;-D Glad we met!

Lorie, you can leave your poetry with me and my friends anytime. We all will be better for them. Thanks for sharing and for bringing your aloha rainbow.

Jacq, it seems like I've known you forever! Kindred spirits, yes, we are. Thank you!

Brenda, I'm glad we connected through this blogging world, too. Your visits brighten my world. Oooh, I can feel the sun shining down on my studio. Thanks!