Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sing of Hope and Love--Art Quilt

Sing of Hope and Love, Mixed Media Fiber Art Quilt, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte


This is a painting on cotton fabric, applique, thread painted hair using variegated thread, and embellished with angelina fibers, hand crocheted lace, beads and Swarovski crystals.

I've been working on quilts for the AAQI's Houston Quilt International Festival in October. This one took longer than usual because of the thread painted hair and the tiny stipple quilted background. This will be my third year as a donor at Quilt International. I'm going to keep creating quilts for the next three weeks in order to meet the deadline of September 1st. Lots more to go!

Working to make a difference one art quilt at a time.

11 comments:

Rosie said...

It's absolutely stunning Fannie - you have a rare talent for this media. Truly! =)

Fannie said...

Thanks, Rosie!

Deanna said...

I LOVE THIS QUILT. The face, the quilting, the colors...

Sherry said...

Yay Fannie. She's beautiful!

Fannie said...

Thanks, Deanna. I hope she brings in lots of $$ for AAQI.

Yay, Sherry!

Brenda said...

Wow, Fannie, she is stunningly beautiful. All the detail is amazing. Beautiful work.

Fannie said...

Thanks, Brenda!

julie king said...

all the details you've added are just fabulous!!

TextileTraveler said...

Fannie, I always admire your work, but I particularly love this piece. The thread painting is amazing and inspiring! Love the design, the quilting, everything!

NatashaMay said...

Lovely face. I like the birdie too.

Kuulei said...

I really like the thread painted hair. So many color values, texture and depth...it really livens it up!