Monday, September 14, 2009

Be Uniquely You, Be True--Mixed Media Painting

Courage, Mixed Media Painting on canvas panel, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte

RULES

There will be no gum chewing in class.

You will say "please," "no, thank you," and "you're welcome."

You cannot use more than one medium in your painting.

Do your homework before going outside to play.

You must work within these guidelines.

RESTRICTIONS . . .

can be stifling.

can interrupt the flow of creativity.

or

can be seen as challenges devised to redirect creativity into unexplored territory.

can unlock hidden potential and reveal mysteries.

can produce a paradigm shift that engage the heart and push the imagination towards potentiality.

FREEDOM . . .

to choose . . .

ideas . . .

courage.

I think I'll wear blue hair today and let my wings take me . . .

6 comments:

Fotf said...

Nice one, she reminds me of my sister-in-law who i have been chatting to this afternoon, must be the blue eyes and shadow :)

Joyfulsister said...

Oh Fannie.
She is beautiful!! Yes freedom to choose is freedom to create. I wrote a similar papragraph on my post today. You are doing such lovely work and you are so faithful at as well.

Luv ya sis

Kelly said...

beautiful fannie!

Martha Lever said...

She is a beauty!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Fannie, you have no idea how much I have missed your inspiring, thoughtful and heart warming posts. This of course is no exception. Restrictions in life, as well as for an artists soul are a tough thing to shake - but when you can shake them, it is an incredibly freeing experience. Lovely share.
Hope you and the family are well. =)

Diana Evans said...

this is lovely Fannie!!! the colours are amazing....great piece!!!

Hugs
Diana