Friday, September 11, 2009

What's Under Your Sewing Machine?


© 2009 Fannie Narte


What's Under My Sewing Machine?

No, it's not these beautiful roses from my husband, a celebration gift for being selected as a participant in the 2010 "The Art in Fiber Show" at the Copper Shade Tree gallery.

I'm grateful that my husband understands my art. Most importantly, he knows my heart. We celebrate everything . . . birthdays, anniversaries, successes, Fridays, vacations . . . and on occasion, we celebrate mistakes, especially when they result in lemonade.


This is what's under my sewing machine. I'm working on an art quilt, sort of practicing for the quilts I'll create for "The Art in Fiber Show."

This quilt is 16" x 20," a bit larger than my recent 8" x 10" art quilts for AAQI. I'm really enjoying working on this quilt.

Have a great weekend.

What's under your sewing machine?

4 comments:

Regina said...

Congratulations, Fannie!
I am not in the least bit surprised.
As for what's under my sewing machine... not much right now. The sewing table is covered with my jewelry photography "booth" and various props. Last project I sewed was several oversized totes made of recycled denim to carry my paintings.
Blessings to you! xo

Joyfulsister said...

HI Sis,
I finally made my way over here. I finished the ;ast of my test, just waiting now. Wow I love the colors,you are one busy bee!!
Hugz Lorie

quiltcrazygal said...

What a beautiful quilt, created by such a talented artist. Blessings to you Fannie and thanks for always sharing your lovely creations. Jenna Louise

Lorraine said...

your quilt is looking good..very autumnal looking