Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cornelius the Cool Cat--Mixed Media Painting

Cornelius the Purple Cat, Mixed Media Painting, 9" x 12"
© 2009 Fannie Narte


Do people make fun of you?

People make fun of me because I wear purple,
and
because I like spiders.
"Corny Cornelius." That's what they call me.

But I don't care . . . that much.

At least once a year,
I can come out of my cave.
I can be myself.

I can be purple.
I can talk purple.
I can sing purple.
I can walk purple.
I can dance purple.
I can paint purple.

I can go Trick-or-Treating.
And my spider friends can come along.

Once a year,
I feel like I fit in.
But I shouldn't care . . . that much . . .
. . . because

my mother gave me wings,
and
she calls me "Cornelius" the "Cool Cat."

BOO! Trick or Treat!

6 comments:

Rosie said...

This is wonderfully whimsical Fannie! =)

Diana Evans said...

he is one cool cat!!! wonderful work Fannie!!!

NatashaMay said...

Awesome! Love the colors and the name. :):)

Jacq said...

Cornelius is very good looking cat.

Fannie said...

Whimsical, indeed, Rosie, and sooo purple. Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks for stopping by, Diana.

Finding a name for my creatures can be challenging. Thanks for visiting.

Thanks, Jacq. Trick or Treat!

Dawn said...

I LOVE this and LOVE purple too..