Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Do Not Worry About Originality, by Robert Henri

Artist Inspiration, by Robert Henri
© 2009 Fannie Narte


Robert Henri (25 June 1865 – 12 July 1929) was an American painter and teacher. He was a leading figure of the Ashcan School in art.

"Do not worry about your originality.
You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to."

~Robert Henri~

Digital quilt made from yesterday's Quilt Block #20.

Focus on creating art and let originality reveal itself. Happy Creating . . .

5 comments:

Lisa M Griffin said...

Oh I love this! It makes me feel better everytime I read it. THanks for sharing Fannie. =)

Kelly said...

That is a fabulous quote, Fannie. :-) Beautiful quilt block too, and digital? Wow!

Fannie said...

I'm glad the quote made you feel better, Lisa. Thanks for visiting. Enjoy your day.

Thanks, Kelly. Hope this quote offered you magic. ;-D

Sherry said...

I really needed to read this today. It actually pumped me up to the point of doing my own stained glass drawing. I just finished the piece and really excited about it. Only problem is....I soldered the hanging ring to the wrong side. :( Doesn't really matter, it can hang either way, but I know it. Guess that one will be a keeper. Thanks always for your positive spirit Fannie.

Jacq said...

Great quote! Your digital quilt looks like fun to make.