Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October

© 2009 Fannie Narte


Pumpkin, Art Quilt, 8" x 10"
© 2009 Fannie Narte


From my archives, Pumpkin is one of my very first Neocolor art quilt experiments made in October of 2007.

I've learned so many new techniques and discovered so many tools in the past two years. The first image of this post was made using this art quilt and Photoshop. Photoshop was frustrating and overwhelming in the beginning. After playing with it for a while, I see how it enhances my creativity.

October is when I begin to think about the upcoming holidays . . . Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. Holiday music, movies, recipes . . . baking . . . creating . . . it's exciting!

Happy October!

6 comments:

marianne said...

What a beautiful warm pumpkin!
Have a nice October month Fannie!

Sherry said...

Love the wood grain. You haven't shown that in a while. I peek back at it from time to time, but still haven't tried it.

Jacq said...

Nice pumpkin. I use Photoshop Elements 7 and after a few classes at Creative Workshop, I am finally able to use it a little bit.

Lisa M Griffin said...

We are sooo on the same wavelength, but great minds do think alike. =)
Have a great weekend.

Reflections of life and art said...

beautiful pumpkin....the fall is such a lovely time of year!

Reflections of life and art said...

beautiful pumpkin....the fall is such a lovely time of year!